Manager – Industry Research
We are a research organisation dedicated to understanding issues facing Singapore companies. Working closely with key stakeholders, and through rigorous research, we aim to provide industry insights that can shape policies and initiatives for the benefit of industry. Specifically, this involves talking to SMEs across industries in Singapore, understanding their operations and challenges, as well as keeping abreast of the impact of emerging technologies and the fast-moving digital landscape.
The Research Manager is responsible for planning and executing industry-related sense-making through quantitative and qualitative research studies.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage research projects from research design and data collection to interpretation of the data through analysis and reporting
- Oversee the reporting of research data in various forms, ranging from PowerPoint reports and research papers to infographics and data dashboards.
- Ensure the collection of accurate and reliable data through strategies and methods that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Supervise secondary research on industries and the processing and organisation of information collected into coherent industry profiles
- Ensure timely execution of fieldwork and manage project timelines and deliverables
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences or other related fields
- 5 to 7 years work experience in a relevant research role; experience in B2B research would be a strong advantage
- Experience in managing a team is required; the candidate should be keen to lead, mentor and nurture a relatively young team.
- Knowledge of SPSS/Q and Excel is essential; knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. R/Python) and data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau/Qlik) will be a plus
- Familiar with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Excellent analytical skills, with a good grasp of industry issues and able to draw industry trends and relevant implications from research data and other sources
- Adept at report-writing and presentation
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Passionate about driving a culture of continuous process improvement and innovation
If this is in line with your interests, please email us your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.