IndSights Research is a research organisation dedicated to better understanding issues facing Singapore companies. To this end, we conduct surveys, interviews and focus groups with companies in Singapore.
The privacy and confidentiality of our respondents’ personal data is important to us. We define personal data in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2012 as:
‘Data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.’
We are committed to policies, practices and processes that safeguard the collection, use and disclosure of our respondents’ personal data. We assure you that any personal data shared with us will be protected in compliance with the PDPA.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect through our online and telephone surveys, and focus group discussions may include any of the below:
- Your name
- Contact details
- Demographic information
- In online surveys, we may collect your IP address. This is only used for quality checking purposes and to prevent fraud. We never use an IP address to identify individuals.
When and how do we collect personal data?
IndSights Research may ask for your personal data when you participate in our research. These may take place in person, over the phone, or online. Our company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Such information is only collected by authorised IndSights Research staff, or if online, through a secured Internet site.
What do we use personal data for?
Your personal details may be used for one or more of the following purposes, depending on the research that you have agreed to participate in:
- To contact you for surveys, focus groups or interviews
- To ensure different segments of the industry have been represented
- To verify the surveys you have participated in, for audit and quality control purposes
- Some of the demographic data that we collect may also be used for analysis purposes. In these cases, data will be anonymised, summarised and reported based on overall trends.
- Company related information will also be treated with the same level of confidentiality and reported only in aggregated form, if necessary. No individual company will be identified through any form of analysis or reporting.
How do we protect your personal data?
- IndSights Research has technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the personal data and confidential information we collect. Our employees take appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data. Personal data held by IndSights Research will not be passed on to competitors without your consent or be used for marketing purposes.
We regularly review our data protection measures to ensure that your personal data is protected from loss, unauthorised access, collection, use, modification, disclosure, or similar risks.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is required to undertake the research we have been commissioned to do. After this, your personal data will be deleted.
Getting in touch with us
If you have feedback or questions about:
- The collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data
- Any other queries related to your personal data
Please contact us at email@example.com, and include your full name, company name and contact information.
Your queries and concerns are important to us, and will be handled with full confidentiality.